Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General Site Rebuilding Issues
08-09-2014, 02:05 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 03:37 PM by Russell H..)
RE: General Site Rebuilding Issues
(08-09-2014 02:05 AM)Inspector123 Wrote:  Inspector123 Wrote: I installed a Vortex Niche site, then I switched to the Localbiz Vortex theme, the result was not complete, I went into the top right corner & activated all those choices in the drop down box, I ended up with the Localbiz Vortex base site, so I deleted everything & re-installed my niche site & left as is.

What are the steps to get the niche sites merged with the Localbiz Vortex?

Thanks

The LocalBiz Vortex (LBV) NicheVault sites were designed for LBV and not for Localbiz Vortex (VORTEX) and so there will be some styling and layout differences when making a switch over.
Of course all NicheVault sites are compatible with VORTEX because the same basic theme and coding structure applies but there will be some work to do in terms of widgets and graphics that will need reassigning again.

I would recommend the following procedure when using VORTEX with any LBV themed sites;

1) Before you activate VORTEX in place of LBV, open up all 8 main editable tab windows of the Central Control Panel in a separate browser window tab of it's own (right click & open in new window tab). Now you have a reference for each section that you can refer to (make sure not to refresh these pages during edit or you'll go from LBV view to VORTEX view).
2) Activate the VORTEX theme and make sure that the contents for each section tab match with those of the LBV tabs that you have open in a different window tab display. Now you can make sure that the contents and settings for both theme versions are the same. Remember to click save as you have edited/amended each control panel section.

Please let us know how you go or if you need any further support with this project.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: General Site Rebuilding Issues - Russell H. - 08-09-2014 02:05 AM