Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "General" Control Panel Tab
08-09-2014, 02:02 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2017 09:08 PM by Russell H..)
The "General" Control Panel Tab
This panel controls the theme color styles for the main Front Page (featured panel) and all pages throughout the site.

Styles: Click on any one of the pre-loaded custom styles and this will instantly create that style in the browser. You can make any changes you like to the style preset in each of the theme sections within the tabs.
Once you have made any changes, if you wish to save that style as a new global style you should give it a name and paste into field for "Save current style as" and click "Save". Your new style will then appear in the list of styles below. You can delete any style by clicking on the red "x" on the right when hovering the color (BEWARE: deleting is irreversible).
Wrapper Margin: This function adds a margin (space) between the top of the site and the bottom of the site when using the "Boxed" styling option. It does not have any effect when the "Full Width" styling is used!<br>
Body Background Image: Controls the total background image when the site style is set to "Boxed" layout. You can either use full width images and then set the horizontal and height repeats to suit, or you can use an image sample (e.g. 10x100px) and use the repeat function to create the background effect of your choosing. Alternatively you can use the Body Background Color to display a solid continuous color for the site background.
Plain Container Content/Body BG: (Body) Controls color of the background of the Plain Container and (Content) controls the color of the text in the Plain Container.
Hyperlink Colors: Controls the hyperlink colors for the site. This can be crucial when using some color styles because the default hyperlink colors may conflict with the site styling and not be visible enough. Change these settings to suit the site style that you have created.
Remove Author & Comments: If you would like your site to have more of a website appearance than that of a blog then you can check these boxes to remove "Author + Time & Date" and "Link to Comments" from Posts.<br>
Exclude Categories/Posts: This can be useful for hiding some custom categories and posts that you don't want to appear in sidebar widget menus as dropdowns or lists that appear once you publish them.<br>
Enable Mobile Landing Page: Select this checkbox to insert a page URL that you would like to use as a landing page that viewers will see first when they use a mobile device to open the website. This can be useful if the business owner wants to show a coupons page or a special mobile menu or a mobile styled custom landing page. Once the mobile user has left this initial landing page and then clicks on "Home", that will then direct back to the standard site homepage. Therefore, this mobile landing page function only works once per session after which normal site navigation applies.
N.B. The mobile landing page can be any page within your WordPress site, or it can be a custom HTML page on the same site domain or in fact any URL of any domain.
Remember to click "Save" when you're done!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2014, 02:05 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2014 02:34 AM by Russell H..)
RE: The "General" Control Panel Tab
(08-09-2014 02:05 AM)Inspector123 Wrote:  Inspector123 Wrote: I installed a Vortex Niche site, then I switched to the Localbiz Vortex theme, the result was not complete, I went into the top right corner & activated all those choices in the drop down box, I ended up with the Localbiz Vortex base site, so I deleted everything & re-installed my niche site & left as is.

What are the steps to get the niche sites merged with the Localbiz Vortex?

Thanks

The LocalBiz Vortex (LBV) NicheVault sites were designed for LBV and not for Localbiz Vortex (VORTEX) and so there will be some styling and layout differences when making a switch over.
Of course all NicheVault sites are compatible with VORTEX because the same basic theme and coding structure applies but there will be some work to do in terms of widgets and graphics that will need reassigning again.

I would recommend the following procedure when using VORTEX with any LBV themed sites;

1) Before you activate VORTEX in place of LBV, open up all 8 main editable tab windows of the Central Control Panel in a separate browser window tab of it's own (right click & open in new window tab). Now you have a reference for each section that you can refer to (make sure not to refresh these pages during edit or you'll go from LBV view to VORTEX view).
2) Activate the VORTEX theme and make sure that the contents for each section tab match with those of the LBV tabs that you have open in a different window tab display. Now you can make sure that the contents and settings for both theme versions are the same. Remember to click save as you have edited/amended each control panel section.

Please let us know how you go or if you need any further support with this project.

PLEASE NOTE:
This thread of replies regarding how to integrate VORTEX with an existing website has been moved here >>Click This Link<<
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply